Terms and Conditions
As any respectable company, Vietnam Bike Tours has an agreement of terms and conditions to adhere to when you decide to travel with us. Most importantly, many people fail to sign a waiver. Since we are doing adventurous activity that have the possibility of injuries, any client that books with us accepts our terms automatically and therefore accepts the waiver automatically, which can be found here.
Vietnam Bike Tours provides a package pricing system in order to simplify your holiday arrangements. These package prices are all inclusive and are made up of best contract rates, and therefore more than reasonable. Each package price is based on best value for money, which is includes accommodation, bike rental and care, standard first-aid facilities, an English speaking biking guide, air-conditioned back-up transportation, boat trips (if included in program), entrance fees, meals (as required) and other charges related to your trip. All package are adjustable based on your needs and preference of accommodation, but will then become a tailor made request, thus a private tour.
Our package prices include 10% government tax. Clients are responsible for charges incurred outside of the scheduled itinerary, which include expenses such as international air-tickets, visa to the destination(s) of choice, travel insurance, tips and gratuities, and all other expenses of a personal nature.
Once you agree to travel with Vietnam Bike Tours, we require a deposit of 30% to secure all services you are requesting from us. The deposit of 30% is calculated from the total package price and is required upon booking confirmation. The remaining balance of 70% is payable one week, or seven days, before the scheduled tour date.
If you wish to make changes to your tour arrangements, you must notify Vietnam Bike Tours in writing. Vietnam Bike Tours does not charge an administrative fee for amendments; however, clients must cover any increase in the price of tour services if so applies. Amendments to tour arrangements are subject to availability and to Vietnam Bike Tours’ written consent.
Vietnam Bike Tours will be held responsible for any additional expense resulting from changes caused by us in the travel itinerary, which may relate to transportation, accommodation, meals or any others service that is included in our package price. Except in situations beyond our control, we promise to refund any difference in payment for services rendered. In this case we refer to decision made by any Government in the destinations we operate in, such as the increase in entrance fees, TAXES, or other Government based decisions.
Flight itineraries and boat tours are subject to change without prior notice due to weather conditions and other factors. As a courtesy, Vietnam Bike Tours will do all in its power to assist participants in boarding flights or boats or finding alternative arrangements. Vietnam Bike Tours can neither be held responsible for denied boarding, nor for any additional costs incurred.
Package prices are subject to change, should our partners amend their rates prior to commencement of the tour. In case the price increase or decrease is not accepted, Vietnam Bike Tours will provide suitable alternatives that range in the same category or price.
Vietnam Bike Tours can help those who require a visa to obtain one. Vietnam Bike Tours will not be held responsible for visa regulations, denied applications, or difficulty with local authorities. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they have a valid passport and visa or visa approval letter upon arrival.
In the event of a cancellation, Vietnam Bike Tours must be informed in writing. Cancellation fees are determined by the date we receive this notice. Are policy and charges are incurred as follows:
|15 days’ notice||No charge – money back guarantee|
|13 to 15 days’ notice||15% of total payment|
|10 to 12 days’ notice||25% of total payment|
|8 to 9 days’ notice||50% of total payment|
|7 days or less||100% of total payment|
|No show||100% of total payment|
Note that all charges will apply to the full price of the entire booking and are calculated based on the arrival day at the first destination of your holiday arranged by Vietnam Bike Tours. In case of a cancellations, clients are responsible for any bank fees incurred as a result of the cancellation and all prices and information listed on this website are subject to change and should be used for reference only.
Vietnam Bike Tours has special rates for infants (o-2 years of age) and children (2 to 12 years old). These rates apply as follows:
For infants between 0-2 years old, the following policies apply:
- No extra bed
- No meals
- No entrance
- All services free
- Air ticket charged at 90% discount of adult fare
- Crib upon request (May be charged based on hotel selection)
Children between the age of 2 and 12 years old are quoted as follows:
- Child in extra bed at 85% of adult price
- Child using existing bedding is charged 75% of adult rate
- Child using a twin room with one adult pays normal adult fee
- Land services are offered at only 50% of the adult price
- Maximum two (2) children are allowed at reduced rates, per party
Peak season bookings
These bookings occur between:
- Christmas and New Year (between 23 Dec. 2016 and 4 Jan 2017)
- Lunar New Year (between 30 Jan. and 10 Feb. 2017)
- Victory Day and Labor Day (between 30 Apr – 1 May, 2017)
- Buddhist New Year (between 12 and 16 April 2017)
Vietnam Bike Tours recommends to book at least 7 days in advance during these periods. We can also take short notice bookings but it will depend on the availability of services requested if we can accommodate you. Day trips are easier confirmed than multi-day trips, thus day trips we anticipate no problem in confirming you right away. Other periods of time and outside of peak season periods we can take bookings on very short notice, with a preferred two to three days in advance.
Bookings during peak season periods may be applied a surcharge by hotels or other suppliers. These are subject on a case to case basis and will be advised by us. These surcharges may include additional guide fees, special set menus or compulsory gala dinners at the hotels.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT WARNING: READ CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE VETNAM BIKE TOURS AND/OR ITS PARTNERS. DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT.
In consideration of Vietnam Bike Tours (VBT) allowing me to participate in any and all recreational activities or events in which VBT are in any way involved (the “Activities”), I, for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby agree to and make the following contractual representations pursuant to this Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement (the “Agreement”):
1. I hereby represent that (i) I am in good health and in proper physical condition to participate in the Activities; and (ii) I will not be under the influence of alcohol or any illicit or prescription drugs which would in any way impair my ability to safely participate in the Activities. I agree that it is my sole responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to participate in the Activities.
2. I understand and acknowledge the physical and mental rigors associated with the Activities as offered by VBT. I understand that participation in the Activities involves risks and dangers which include, without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness and disease, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life; loss of or damage to equipment/property; exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances; accidents, contact or collision with other participants, spectators, vehicles, or natural or manmade objects; dangers arising from adverse weather conditions; imperfect conditions existing on the property where the Activities take place; equipment failure; inadequate safety measures; participants of varying skill levels; situations beyond the immediate control of the organizers of the Activities; and other undefined risks and dangers which may not be readily foreseeable or are presently unknown (the “Risks”). I understand that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activities, or the acts, inactions, or negligence of the Released Parties. I hereby expressly assume all such Risks and responsibility for any damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses which I incur as a result of my participation in the Activities.
3. I agree to be familiar with and to abide by all rules and regulations established for the Activities in which I participate. I also accept sole responsibility for my own conduct and actions while participating in these Activities and the condition and adequacy of any equipment that I might own and supply in conjunction with those Activities.
4. I hereby release, waiver, and covenant not to sue, and further agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties, together with the organizers, promoters, sponsors, advertisers, hosts, venue and property owners upon which the Activities take place, law enforcement agencies and other public entities providing support for the Activities, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, partners, shareholders, members, agents, employees and volunteers, with respect to any liability, claim(s), demand(s), cause(s) of action, damage(s), loss or expense, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees of any kind or nature (“Liability”) which may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Activities, including claims for Liability caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. I further agree that if, despite this Agreement, I, or anyone on my behalf, make a claim for Liability against any of the Released Parties, I will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any such Liability which any may be incurred as a result of such a claim. I hereby warrant that I have read this Agreement carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of the minor, my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have agreed to this Agreement freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Agreement. This Agreement represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representation, statements, or inducements have been made apart from this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
5. By signing up for a tour with VBT I agree and accept all terms of this agreement.
I grant permission to Vietnam Bike Tours to take photographs of me and to publish and use my photograph in any and all publications for any lawful purpose including, without limitation, publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. I hereby authorize VBT to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish or distribute any photographs taken by them, their agents, servants and/or employees. I waive the right to inspect or approve of the finished product, including written or electronic copies of my photograph or likeness. Additionally, I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising out of or in any way related to the use of any photograph or other likeness of me or my image. I hereby hold harmless, release and forever discharge VBT from any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action which I, my heirs, personal representatives, assigns, or any other person or persons acting on my behalf have or may have arising out of or relating to this Photograph Release (the “Release”). I hereby warrant that I have read this Release carefully, understand its terms and conditions, and acknowledge that I have agreed to this Release freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee and that I intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms of this Release.